The decision to enlist the help of a professional in-home caregiver for yourself or a loved one requires careful planning and consideration. Taking measured and honest stock of the range and level of services that will be necessary to ensure that all of your needs are adequately met is the first step in finding the right caregiver.
At Right Choice Caregiving, we work to carefully match each client with a professional caregiver that meets the highest professional standards of care while at the same time making the client feel as if they are being supported and cared for by a trusted family member or friend.
Even with the most dedicated network of supportive friends and family, there comes a time when maintaining daily routines and activities becomes too difficult to manage due to illness, injury or advanced age. It can be a difficult decision for many people to make, but planning for professional in-home caregiving does not have to be a stressful or disruptive experience.Contact Us Today
Creating a Plan for Health
Like any major life decision, developing a plan for in-home caregiving for yourself or a loved one is best achieved through a team effort. The AARP has outlined several key actions that can help to get the conversation started and put a plan in motion.
- Start a conversation – Broaching the subject of the need for in-home caregiving with a loved one can be difficult, but an honest and open discussion is often necessary in order to get the ball rolling.
- Form a team – Enlist the help of supportive relatives, friends and neighbors.
- Make a plan – Right Choice Caregiving offers prospective clients a free in-home needs assessment in order to help with planning for in-home care.
- Enlist support – Speak to community, support groups, friends, or clergy for help with coping with the stress that often comes along with the implications of needing in-home care for yourself or a loved one.
- Care for yourself – Carve out time for activities that help to alleviate stress.
The Right Caregiving for Your Loved One
Contact Right Choice Caregiving today at 800.898.0840 to discuss your in-home caregiving needs, or to schedule a free in-home needs assessment in Los Angeles.